The city and the splendor of the Andalusian Huete (93-568h / 711-1172 m)

Jassem Yassin Al - Darwish; Hussein Jabbar Al-Olawi

Adab Al-Kufa, 2018, Volume 1, Issue 36, Pages 29-60

The city of Andalusia lies to the east of Toledo and to the west of the city of Cantabria in the Andalusian region, occupied by the Muslims under the leadership of Tariq ibn Ziad in 93 AH / 711 AD. It was settled by Muslims, mostly Berbers who reconstructed the city, and then became one of the important cities of occupation, led by Bani al-Nun and the family of Bani Labun. The city fell in the hands of Christians in 478 AH / 1085 AD.
After the fall of Toledo in 478 AH / 1085 AD, it became a central point of the Islamic-Christian conflict, and the confrontations continued until the middle of the sixth century AH / 1200 AD when the conflict was finally resolved in favor of the Christians by the defeat of Muhideen in 568 AH. After this, the Christians controlled most of the region of central Andalusia.