2018, Volume 1, Issue 4, Pages 229-269
This research aims at evaluating the evaluation and measurement curriculum for the fourth stage in teacher training institutes (for males and females) in Misan governorate from Arabic and history and geography Departments and showing how it’s related with this material and teaching it according to the scientific specialized of the students.
This research deals with the six main elements of curriculum as a scientific field of study for this research which are (aims, content, teaching methods, educational technology, extra activities, and evaluation).
This research limits to:
Teacher training institute in Misan (one for male and one for females).
Fifth stage students in Arabic and history and geography Departments (morning studies) -The academic year (2007-2008)
To reach the aims of this study the researchers adopted a questioner which they made as a tool for this study. Also, they depends in preparing this tool on many of previous studies, references, and gathering the students point of view through open questioner give to them.
The researchers ensure from the validity of the questioner by give it to the experts and jury in the psychology and education field of study. They find its reliability by presenting it to pilot study. And also many items deleted, added and improved according to the experts and jury notes. The final number of the questioner items were (97) distributed on the above six fields.
The population of the study was (76) students, and the sample of the study was (48) students (after excluded some students for different reasons).
The researchers used the likely mean, the weighted percentage, and Person coefficient correlation as static tool for this study.
The researchers reach these results:
• Four fields had been achieved which are (aims, content, teaching methods, and evaluation). And two fields failed to achieve which are (educational technology and extra activities).
• 70 items had been achieved distributed on the six field mentioned above and 27 items not achieved according to the given table.
The researchers reach some recommendations:
• Emphasis on identify the behavior aims through aims field.
• Enlarge the study of the different evaluation field according to the content and not reducing it to the achievement side.
• Emphasis on the practical side in teaching this material because it is apply material and connect it with the scientific specialized of the study with using the different reinforcement styles.
• Enlarge the educational technology especially computers.
• Enlarge the extra activities.
• The examinations questions should contain on practical applications. And rewarding the students on their daily activities.
The researchers suggested writing similar studies to evaluate the evaluation and measurement from the students’ point of view in other departments like: mathematic, science and English.
- Article View: 175
- PDF Download: 114